Sunday, September 21, 2014

Review: Rumble by Ellen Hopkins

Ahhhh!!! I loved this book, but first - thank you to the publicist for providing me with a copy for review!

Back-of-the-Book Blurb: Matthew Turner doesn't have faith in anything. Not in family - his is in shambles after his younger brother was bullied into suicide. Not in so-called friends who turn their backs when things get tough. Not in some all-powerful creator who lets too much bad stuff happen. And certainly not in some "It Gets Better" psychobabble. No matter what his girlfriend, Hayden, says about faith and forgiveness, there's no way Matt's forgiving all those he blames. He's decided to "live large and go out with a huge bang," and whatever happens happens. But when a horrific event plunges Matt into a dark, silent place, he hears a rumble - a rumble that wakes him up, calling everything he's ever disbelieved into question.

My Thoughts: This book was excellent. I am a huge Ellen Hopkins fan and was super excited when I heard she was releasing Rumble. I loved this book. At first I wasn't sure if I was into it, and then I realized I'd read 100 pages in 15 minutes! This book had awesome characters and definitely made me tear up a few times. Read it!!

Final Rating: 10/10 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment