Sunday, August 10, 2014

ARC Review: Random by Tom Leveen

This book comes out August 12, so be sure to pick it up!

Back-of-Book Blurb:
Late at night Tori receives a random phone call. It's a wrong number. But the caller seems to want to talk, so she stays on the line. He asks for a single thing - one reason not to kill himself The request plunges her into confusion. Because if this random caller actually does what he plans, he'll be the second person connected to Tori to take his own life. And the first just might land her in jail. After her Facebook page became Exhibit A in a tragic national news story about cyberbullying, Tori can't help but thing the caller is a fraud. But what if he's not? Her words alone may hold the power of life or death. With the clock ticking, Tori has little time to save a strange - and maybe redeem herself - leading to a startling conclusion that changes everything.

My Thoughts: I could not put this down! It was a quick read for me - I picked it up after finishing my homework and set it down right before dinner. I was really not expecting the ending which is certainly a nice change! These days so many books are predictable and that makes reading them a much less enjoyable experience. Anyway, this book was great. The story really shocked me and certainly kept me interested until the very last page. In fact, I wish it was a longer book! I would definitely recommend this book to any YA fan. There isn't much I can compare it to, but as long as you like young adult fiction, you'll like this book. Tom Leveen keeps it packed with electric bursts of emotion and it's packed with amazing characters. Leveen's character development in this story is extraordinary. I really loved this book.

Final Rating: 9/10 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment