Sunday, August 24, 2014

Review: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

I have to admit, this was an impulse buy. I was alone in the airport and trying to kill time so I grabbed this. Mind you, I had seen it at my local indie before, but I wasn't sure if I was interested. I'm still not sure if I'm interested and I've read the book. This isn't YA, but I read mostly adult fiction and like to share my reviews of some of those books.

Back-of-the-Book Blurb: Don Tillman, genetics professor, is getting married. Or he will be, when his sixteen-page, scientifically valid survey yields a candidate (see: the Wife Project). Designed to filter out the drinkers, the smokers, the vegans, the late arrivers, Don's questionnaire is, for the socially challenged academic, the most logical method to find the perfect partner. Enter Rosie Jarman. Don quickly disqualifies her as a potential wife but is drawn into Rosie's quest to find her biological father (see: the Father Project). When something like a friendship develops, Don must confront the spontaneous whirlwind that is Rosie and the decidedly unscientific conclusion that sometimes you don't find love, it finds you.

My Thoughts: I feel like I've read a lot of Australian books lately. I'm not sure if that's true. Anyway, this book was okay. It was pretty slow and didn't beg me to read it. I even left the book at my mom's house for a few days and felt nothing. Normally I'd be dying to get back to whatever book I'd started. It was just not an extraordinary book. I think I'll read the sequel though, because everything's more interesting with a baby. If you're interested in reading this I would suggest borrowing it from the library, because if you read it you probably won't again.

Final Rating: 6/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment