Sunday, August 3, 2014

Review: Burn for Burn and Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

I have to admit, I didn't think I was going to like this series. However, I have enjoyed books by both Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian before so I figured I'd give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised.

Burn for Burn (Book 1)

Back-of-Book Blurb: Lillia, Kat, and Mary are not friends. In fact, they barely know one another. But a chance encounter in the girls' room proves they have something big in common. The girls have all been hurt--by a bully, an ex-friend, an almost boyfriend--and now they want payback. They hatch a scheme to work in secret, to help each other right the wrongs. Forget waiting for karma. They're taking matters into their own hands.

My Thoughts: This book was really good! I didn't think I would continue with the series when I began the book but now I've read the second, Fire with Fire, and I'm dying to read the third, Ashes to Ashes, which comes out September 16! The Jar Island atmosphere added to the story. It's a story about revenge, but it isn't the typical story. It's new and fresh and unique.

Final Rating: 9/10 stars!

Fire with Fire (Book 2)

Back-of-Book Blurb: I'm not giving a blurb for this one because it'll spoil the first book!

My Thoughts: OMG OMG OMG. This book is amazing. I could not put it down. It's almost 200 pages longer than the first book, which I loved because I love long books. This book was so awesome and the ending just killed me. I'm dying to read Ashes to Ashes because I can't wait to see how this trilogy ends. I would definitely say this is my favorite trilogy! I love Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian and I hope they do more collaborations in the future.

Final Rating: 10/10 stars!

I'm not sure if I can wait a whole month to read the last book! I'm going to do some serious hunting for an ARC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment