Saturday, July 26, 2014

ARC Review: Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner

Hi!! I'm writing this from the past: July 14. Not really though, you're just seeing something I wrote a week and a half ago for the first time. That's because it's a review for an ARC! Can't Look Away comes out August 26, and I highly suggest you read it.

Synopsis: Can't Look Away is about Torrey, a YouTube beauty guru whose life is stricken with tragedy when her sister is hit and killed by a drunk driver.

My Thoughts: Donna Cooner did a wonderful job of showing the impact this terrible event had on Torrey and her family. You are able to see the transformation Torrey goes through as a result. The writing quality was very good as well. At some points the story was slow, and I didn't really appreciate some of the characters. I really enjoyed the Dia de los Muertos incorporation and felt it added some extra culture to what could be a bland story.

Final Rating: 7.5/10 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment