Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I heart this book! I totally fell in love with Noah the first time I read it. Not to mention that it features an American going to Cambridge Uni's vet school which has been my dream for like ever!!! I grabbed this book randomly off the shelf months ago and had to race back the next day to get the sequel, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, which I will not be reviewing because it'll give away too many spoilers!

Synopsis: Mara doesn't remember anything about the accident that claimed the lives of her friends. All she knows after waking up in the hospital is what other people are telling her. She's not sure what to believe, and she certainly doesn't believe she can fall in love.

My Thoughts: This book was awesome! Sure, it's not perfect, but what book is? It kept me enthralled until the last page, when I jumped into the car to go pick up Evolution. I would definitely recommend this book. I'm not usually a fan of paranormal/not completely realistic young adult novels, but I really enjoyed this one.

Final Rating: 9/10 stars!

Just by the way, the final book in the series, The Retribution of Mara Dyer, comes out November 4! Michelle Hodkin has promised to sign every book from the first printing of the US edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment