Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review: I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

I love Markus Zusak's young adult books. I fell in love with The Book Thief a while back and decided to purchase I Am the Messenger a couple weeks ago. It's not quite as good as The Book Thief but it definitely has Zusak's flair to it.

Synopsis: Ed is a rather lame nineteen year old cab driver with not much going for him. Until he begins to receive aces in the mail and becomes the messenger.

My Thoughts: This book was great. It was hard to get into at first, but once I did I could not stop reading. Zusak is a truly magical author and his books are sheer gold. The writing style of this book is good and the sentences are well-formed. This book is great for fans of The Book Thief and young adult books in general.

Final Rating: 8/10 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment