Friday, July 25, 2014

Review: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

This book made me cry.  It was so amazing.

Synopsis: Taylor Markham was abandoned by her mother when she was eleven and taken to a boarding school by Hannah. Six years later, Hannah's gone missing and Taylor feels like it's her job to find her.

My Thoughts: This book was hell to find. No bookstores carry it, at least not where I live (Arizona, where we have nothing but cactus), so I had my local indie, Changing Hands order it. If I lived closer to the bookstore that would've been no issue, but I'm about thirty minutes from it. So by the time I finally picked up the book I was dying to read it. I'd heard about it on some website that had recommendations for young adults. In the beginning I was a little confused because the schools in Australia are clearly very different from ours here. I adjusted and it became a very lovely read. It was so sad and when I finished it I felt exhausted, as if I had gone through the whole ordeal myself. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Good luck finding it!

Final Rating: 10/10 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment